PREPARING FOR YOUR BABY’S NEWBORN PHOTOGRAPHY SESSION
Follow the instructions closely so your little one can have a nice, relaxing session:
• A sweet reminder: no cell phone/picture taking during the session as it will disrupt the baby. A couple of behind-the-scenes photos are welcomed. Prepare to be at least 10 feet away from the baby. If you are close, your baby will smell you and wonder why you are not comforting them.. which will likely result in a bit of fussiness.
• To make the most of your session, be ready by the start time as we have a 2-hour window for portraits.
• Try to keep your baby awake for 1-2 hours before the session… I know this may be tough. Giving them a bath right before I get there helps and will get them nice and sleepy.
• Have your baby ready in either his/her photoshoot outfit (the simpler, the better: i.e., a white onesie). For a wrap-only look, have the baby ready in a diaper and a loose wrap for an easier transition into my wraps.
• Time your baby’s feeding so you are finished and ready for the session start time.
• I recommend having a bottle ready for feeding if you are cluster feeding.
• I strongly suggest having a pacifier available. Even if you don’t plan on using it in the future, having it during the session is a HUGE help. You can always throw it away afterward.
• A nice, warm room will keep your baby comfy. If necessary, we can adjust the heat/air conditioning right before we start the session.
• Moms, if you are breastfeeding, do not drink coffee the morning of the session & do not eat any spicy or gassy foods the day before as this can keep the little one up.
• If nails and hair are important to you, please plan accordingly as these can’t be photoshopped (ie, chipped nails, grays, roots, etc).
• Click here for tips on what to wear for a newborn session.
• If you have any questions, just let me know!