PREPARING FOR YOUR BABY’S NEWBORN PHOTOGRAPHY SESSION
Follow the instructions closely so your little one can have a nice, relaxing session:
• A sweet reminder, no cell phone/picture taking during the session as that will disrupt the baby. A couple of behind-the-scenes photos are welcomed. Prepare to be at least 10 feet away from the baby. If you are close to them during their photos alone, they will smell you and wonder why you are not comforting them.. which will likely result in a bit of fussiness.
• Try to keep your baby awake for 1-2 hours before the session… I know this may be tough. Giving them a bath right before I get there helps and will get them nice and sleepy.
• Please dress your baby in something that is easy to remove – i.e, a diaper with just a wrap…. this will make for an easier transfer into my wraps.
• Try to time the baby’s feeding so you are finishing around the session start time.
• I recommend having a bottle ready for feeding (2 hours into the session).
• I strongly suggest having a pacifier available. Even if you don’t plan on using it in the future, having it during the session is a HUGE help. You can always throw it away afterward.
• A nice, warm room will keep your baby comfy. If necessary, we can adjust the heat/air conditioning right before we start the session.
• Moms, if you are breastfeeding, do not drink coffee the morning of the session or eat any spicy foods the day before (it can keep the little one up).
• Your hands will be some photos. Moms, you may want to touch up your nails (if that’s important to you).
• Click here for tips on what to wear for a newborn session.
• If you have any questions, just let me know!
brand + website design by launch your daydream
Follow me on Instagram @IsabelSweetPhotography